Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Shilin Night Market

士林夜市

Is the first and last place I tried 臭豆腐 (stinky tofu). This is the fried kind that comes with cabbage and a spicy sauce. The stink really makes a statement, truly like pure sewage, but I don't remember anything remarkable about the taste. It's not bad. But really there is too much to eat that tastes and smells better by the leagues.



But! If you just walk a few meters past the 臭豆腐攤位 you'll come across the best 熱狗 (hot dog) in Taiwan ever. I still don't know why these are called hot dogs because they seem like corn dogs to me but I won't question the asian diction because it's fruitless every time. Anyway this is the best hot dog/corn dog you will find. This is just my opinion so it doesn't really matter but it also matters a LOT. They come in a few flavors including black pepper, cheese, and spicy. There are spices and condiments on the counter so that you can adjust your dog to taste.


香辣, of course.

No comments: