Monday, August 18, 2008

Best instant noodle

Wei Lih Men

This is the most humble looking 速食麵 you will find. You can tell that it's an old-schooler and that it's good enough to have lasted this long and still is competing with the newage instant nooldes that are getting more and more creative (I found one that comes with a packet of alcohol inside). It's a dry 炸醬麵 (zhajiangmian) that comes with two styrofoam bowls; one for the noodles and one to hold the 湯 which some people still save to drink while eating their 麵.








I'm not a fan of drinking oily ramen water so I passed on that.
But that is besides the point.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

incredible, i've been converted

Angela Mayer said...

Wish I could live in Taipei, just for one week, to eat,, sample all the food you mentioned, then go on a diet for six months.......Fantastic places to explore next time I'm in Taiwan.