Sunday, August 3, 2008

Big Tom

I went to see the sights in Danshui the other night and due to the lasting indecisiveness of my three-person party, we somehow ended up passing by all the snack vendors and restaurants to dinner at Big Tom. There is no logic to how this happened.




Big Tom is sort of upscale ice cream store serving sundaes and belgian waffles positively reviewed by meieats. If by any chance you are at Big Tom and don't feel like dessert, there are "healthy bagel" options to choose from: Roast Beef Bagel, Grilled Chicken Bagel, Salmon Bagel--and Bagel. If you say this out-loud it's pretty funny. I let myself chuckle before ordering the Salmon Bagel.




The bagel sandwich had salmon, lettuce, tomato, onion, and pesto cream cheese, with spoonable relish on the side. Apparently, Tom knows how to make a delicious sandwich, too! Don't be afraid to forgo dessert, people.








Address



Tian Mu Store
No.1, Lane 63, Sec. 7, Zhongshan N. Rd., Shilin District
台北市士林區中山東路七段,六十三巷一號
(02)2875-5511

Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
Cui-Hu, Taipei National Dr. Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall
No.505, Sec. 4, Ren-ai Rd
台北市仁愛路四段505號
(02)2345-4213

Sunrise Store
No.219, Sec. 2, Chang-an E. Rd., Songshan District
台北市松山區長安西路二段219號
(02)2772-2658

Danshui store
2F., No.233-2, Zhongzheng Rd., Danshui
台北縣淡水鎮中正路233-2號二樓
(02)2626-1622

http://www.bigtom.us/Company.htm

2 comments:

joanh said...

I haven't been to Big Tom in over three years probably (before I started my food blog!), but I remember being very satisfied by their waffles and their peanut ice cream.. MM, maybe I'll make a trip there next week.

Chris Chien said...

omg! bagel sandwiches! i looove bagel sandwiches they are soo awesome. yum! :D