Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Best Scone

If Amherst/Umass has the best pizza (Antonio's), then CMU has the best scone.

La Prima Espresso is probably my favorite thing about going to CMU.
This semester I don't have any classes in Wean Hall so I don't go there as often but the past two years have seen a lot of sconing.
There are two kinds of scones they sell, and the better kind are triangular, bigger, a bit dry, and always in the display case. Those are my favorites. But they do have smaller oblong ones in the in front next to the muffins and brownies. They're sort of undercooked--which could be a good thing but that's for you to decide.
Apricot and Chocolate Chip are winners.

2 comments:

Yours, truly said...

Teehee, i like the reference to amherst. I think I told you that the guy there recognizes me right? Anyways, I haven't found an amazing scone YET, so I can't beat you there.

Sera said...

yea that's so funny
you said you should keep away from antonios for at least a week.
what was the new one you found? guacamole pizza?