Monday, October 20, 2008

Best Bagel

I know New York is the pizza/bagel capital of the universe but I reserve supreme bagel praise for Celebrity Bagels (Tenafly, NJ)

Okay, maybe since Tenafly's only a short drive and a walk over the GW from the city the proximity to the NY bagel might have rubbed off some awesome-bagel traits. But dirty jers has done a great job outdoing ny dough.




chewyness is peerless

There isn't even a need for creamcheese (which, if you ask for will be spread in 1-2in thickness). Sufficient foodgasms are to be had from pulling apart the doughbabe and consuming with somewhat perverted relish.
AND
on St. Patty's they serve green bagels! which is not yuck!

Question: if bagels are first boiled in water and then baked for a short time... are bagels a baked good after all?

Edit: 10/23/08 12:04am

Truethat, Yours, Truly, I should definitely update with pics actually from Celebrity's.
The shots above were taken midsemester break when I had 1.5 days at home. The pops brought home a bag of bagels in the morning because that's one of the two things I ask of him which makes me very happy (the other one being brewing perfect pots of coffee constantly).
You forgot to call me out on not listing nommy bagel combinations.

As you said, Sesame with scallion cream cheese
Poppy with egg salad
Plain with strawberry cream cheese
Lettuce tomato and scallion cream cheese
Any others?

3 comments:

Roger said...

lol green bagels... reminds me of the green Naked Juice called Green Machine. I'm sure it tastes good but the appearance makes me feel queesy :P

Yours, truly said...

You need actual pictures from Celebrity's...I got some bagels October break. nyaahh. Sesame with scallion cream cheese!

joanh said...

i have to eat my bagels toasted with cream cheese.. but actually butter or jam is not bad either.