Thursday, July 31, 2008

O Sole Mio

...makes me o so ~le pissed off~ [gestures with authentic french cool]

mostly because the name (which roughly translates to "oh, my sun") suggests some kind of radiant delight which can be gotten from the NT$90 or so patronage-- if not then at least an experience that can pass for mildly Italian to an ignorant Korean-American like myself.

After taste testing three flavors from the meager selection at the Heng Yang store I finally decided on tiramisu. Not because it was good tiramisu but because I wanted to milk every italian pretense out of this place that just tucked away US$3 from my pocket. I guess I thought it would taste better from a proper cup while sitting down. But nothing. No sun, no sparks at all. Simply unremarkable.








I kick myself for expecting anything after reading lukewarm reviews. I might also have been more disappointed than necessary because they didn't have my usual pistachio in stock that particular day.

So really, it's not that bad. It's just that it's not good, either.



Uni-president soft serve from 7-11 makes me infinitely happier.




Address


14 Tonghua St
台北市通化街14號

57 Heng Yang Rd
台北市衡陽路57號

122 Yi Zhong St, Tai zhong
台中市一中街122號

http://www.osolemio.com.tw/main.html

No comments: